Learning Zbrush


To speed up my workflow I wanted to start learning Zbrush. I mean I have used Mudbox and Zbrush for a couple of years now just piddling with it, but learning Zbrush is one of those things that you have to spend a lot of time on it. So I get the theory of it, but the practice of it is one of those things that I just need to work on. So today I worked on learning how to get subtools working. It's an odd workflow, I made the head and indented the eyes and then started all over, and created eyes. I then dropped the head back in, appended the eyes as a subtool, duplicated them and moved them over. What an odd workflow. Sigh.
Things I have learned. Subtools, Rendering, Remeshing, I also saw a video on shadowboxing, interesting...
Thoughts. I would rather create the majority of what I need in Maya or Max and then import in as a group of objects that I can work on. And break them apart in Zbrush as subtools. I think that would be faster creation for me at this time. And I would have more control over the mesh.

I spent about 2 hours playing around with this while I was watching videos on how to do it.

Take a look at my Patreon for some of my work in progress.
https://www.patreon.com/RichardBlumenstein

Or take a look at my portfolio at http://richardblumenstein.com